Sunday, June 9, 2013

Day 160: Lets go swimming!

So when asking the kids what they wanted to do today, this was the answer we got. They have to see their Nana and Papa at least once a week and it's just an added bonus that they have a pool. After getting everyone loaded up with all their belongings, then getting sunblock on, floaties, towels, etc - they finally jumped in the pool only to get out 20 minutes later because of rain. Boo. They still had fun though hanging at Nana and Papa's for a little while and now that Gigi lives there, we got to visit with her too! After eating lunch and saying our goodbyes, we headed back home to finish up some chores before starting our busy week. Daddy wasn't too pleased with this since he was really looking forward to just kicking back on this rainy day but since I'm a lot like my dad (who can't sit still), I had to have things done and first up was my car. What I didn't mention last Thursday is that Bryce spilled chocolate milk in my car on the way to our Restore class. I did what I could to clean it up but we were already late so it was just a quick once-over. In hindsight I wish I would've just skipped class and taken the time to thoroughly clean my car but we live and learn. After restore, we headed to the pool and it was after that I realized I made a huge mistake because now that milk sat in my car from 9 in the morning until 3 in the afternoon and the smells that were coming out of my van were awful. I tried all weekend to lift that smell and even took my van in to have the carpets professionally cleaned. The problem is that my car has a sliding middle row that can move all the way forward and all the way back and because of that there are these tracks that all of that milk seeped into and made it impossible to get to. So while the carpet cleaning lifted the stain and helped somewhat with the smell, it was what was under all of that. I had to literally use a tooth brush, vinegar and paper towels to finally get everything cleaned up. But alas, I finally did. We now have a new rule in our car which is "no food or drink unless it's water." I'm praying we can stick to it because I don't want to go through that again. On the bright side, all of the carseats are clean and my car smells like vanilla ice cream thanks to papa for giving us an extra smelly thingy. Sunday blew by with all of our chores but I guess in a way I'm glad it rained otherwise we would've been gone most of the day, leaving me Monday to clean everything up in my house with no help from daddy since he was back at work. Happy to be done!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker