Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Day 162: Pool MADNESS

Don't you just love how you can plan your day out in your mind and it all makes sense but in reality NOTHING goes according to plan? Well, thats how today felt for me. I intended on us getting to the pool around 10:30 and swimming until 12:30 because Skylar had swim lessons at 3:45. There was a better part of me that felt like this was a bad idea but the kids had so much energy this morning that I just could not see us staying at home until then. When we got to the pool however, we all discovered that it didn't open until noon. So after discussing it we decided to head to a different pool that was already opened. When we pulled in the parking lot though, it started raining. After mulling it over and all of us texting each other on what to do, we decided to give it a go. So we got everyone out and into the pool. Thankfully the weather cleared up but wouldn't you know, we didn't get into the pool until close to noon?! Just my luck. The kids played their little hearts out and I tried my best to keep track of time so that they would have plenty of time to sleep before heading out for Skylar's lessons but again - mom fail. I guess I assumed we lived right next door and that they would just instantly fall asleep but no...it took us 20 minutes to get home because of the weather and then the kids all fought sleep so it meant trying to wake them up after only a 20-30 minute nap and I just couldn't do it. I chalked it up to a total mom-fail and from now on we will not be doing pool fun on the same days that Skylar has lessons. So while they slept, I called daddy and told him how bad I felt and if we can somehow make it up to her. We decided to take her out to dinner for a little pre-birthday celebration and going to swim lessons was just a distant memory. We all had a lot of fun celebrating her!









No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker