Monday, August 5, 2013

First Sleep-over!

Sigh. I can't believe how fast time is going by. Just yesterday I announced that I was pregnant with this little gem and now she's 5 and having slumber parties. So not cool. She has a little bestie on our street that she simply adores. It's become a regular habit of ours this Summer to allow her to go and play at least once a week. Such a highlight for her since it's total girl time. No having to fuss with stinky little brothers or slobbering little sisters. Well on this day, Matthew went to pick her up to bring her home from dinner and when she got home, she came barreling through the front door begging and pleading for me to let her stay the night at her friends house. Just then her daddy walks in and says "it's okay with me." This of course led to a later discussion of not making mama out to be the bad guy and lets discuss things in private. Anyway, she flashed those big beautiful brown eyes (covered in bright blue eye shadow from their earlier fashion party) and I caved. I was a mess and trying my best to fight tears but a few snuck out and she just kept hugging me and thanking me.
Can you tell she's excited?! This was her first time to sleep away from me (outside of her grandparents). She did fantastic and of course begged to stay for breakfast and one more night. We went with breakfast but I snatched her back as quick as possible. While she was away, it meant more time for snuggles with these two...
...which was awesome! I adore my kiddos just wish that time would slow down some. Pretty soon it'll be my little man off to football camp or something...waaaaah.

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker