Friday, August 9, 2013

TGIF!!!

Yesssss! It's finally Friday! This has been a very tiring and stressful week but it's now time to paaaar-tay! First up, is daddy's bday tomorrow. The big 3-1! He's not looking forward to it because it means he can no longer tease me about being older. We are going out to a trivia night thing with friends and I'm pretty excited about it. It's not often that he can hang with my friends without the presence of kids everywhere so I'm really looking forward to him meeting some of the other dads. It should be great fun!

Today was a great day. We went to bootcamp (typical, I know) and then to the pool. That seems to be protocol for our Friday's lately but with school quickly approaching, I know it'll be less and less and surprisingly - I'll miss it. Today we had a lot of "firsts" as well. With having 3 kids to keep track of, we've been only venturing out to the smaller pools. The pools that have larger baby sections and smaller adult sections. It appeals to Bryce but definitely not to Skylar. Well today, a lot of our friends wanted to go to a pretty popular pool. One that has a big play structure with slides and buckets of water and then has a HUGE slide that they can go off of with friends. It was one of our favorite pools last Summer while I was preggo. But now that Bryce is more independent and that baby is outtta my tummy - I was a bit hesitant but they did great. It's so nice to have Skylar swimming now and Bryce is so close to swimming, it's unreal. He's mastered knowing how to hold his breath and not venture out where he can not reach. Definitely something that makes this mama feel loads better. Bryce has now graduated from the baby slides to the big slide and when I looked up in time to see him go down, my heart stopped. Down he went and popped right back up out of the water, over to the stairs and on and on it went. He was so excited and I was so proud but also a little sad that my little boy is growing up so fast. And that Eva girl that was once in my tummy at this same pool was now out and enjoying the action. Can't ya tell....
And here's one of sweet Brycie with his buddies. He's really enjoying guy time lately....

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker